Welcome to Rescue Center Costa Rica Volunteer Program
It's amazing how much of a tightknit community we've become. With one common goal of caring for injured and displaced wildlife, we have built a family of caring, likeminded people who truly want to make a difference.We work incredibly hard, but our reward isn't financial in nature. Instead, it's seeing the animals we care for survive and thrive. Our Costa Rican volunteer program is instrumental in making that happen.
We have welcomed thousands of volunteers over the years from countries around the world. The passion and commitment they bring to our program has made everything possible for us to continue not to mention the countless injured animals who have been saved. The experience and friendships you make at our program will last a lifetime and the difference you make will be noticed and remembered for years to come.
How to get started?
It's actually very simple to be part of our program. Simply register on the right hand side of this page. We do charge a fee to volunteer with us and a large portion of that money goes towards maintaining our project and the animals. The money you spend to stay with us with ensure the animals can eat, receive medication and live a happy life. The cost per day is $50 and you personally will also get all of the following benefits below:
- Private transportation to/from the airport.
- Very safe and comfortable lodging (4 persons per room) with the option to upgrade to a private glamping tent or tiki-hut.
- 3 delicious and healthy meals per day prepared by our private chefs (also, we cater to vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free diets and all allergies).
- Welcome package which includes a volunteer t-shirt, carry bag, beach towel, pillowcase, water bottle and a hat or coffee mug.
- Daily volunteer night activities including zumba lessons, nightwalks, bonfires, trivia, movie night and much more...
As a team member of our Costa Rica volunteer program, you can expect the following daily responsibilities:
- Prepare daily food for over 100+ animals.
- Cleaning and maintenance of animal enclosures.
- Construction of new enriched enclosures.
- Building and implementing new animal toys (animal enrichment).
- Participating in educational community projects.
In addition, volunteers are encouraged to develop their own individual projects. If you see potential for such a special project, let us know and we will work with you to translate that idea into practice. We love when a new volunteer leaves their mark on the Rescue Center for all future visitors to enjoy.
- No use of illegal drugs and no abuse of alcohol.
- Smoking only in approved areas.
- Personal insurance policy.
If you'd like to get involved and think you have what it take to make a difference, please use the registration form. We'll get back to you when the animals are sleeping.
A typical day at Rescue Center Costa Rica: