Are you studying Veterinarian Medicine? Would you like to get some hands-on experience to support your upcoming career as a Vet? If so, our internship program is the perfect fit for you.
Register now to be accepted as a visiting veterinarian intern at our program. If accepted you will work full-time in the animal hospital during your stay. You will work side by side with our registered veterinarians and volunteer members of our vet team and have direct but controlled access to the animals. The work is not easy and there are often sleepless nights but that's what makes the experience one-of-a-kind and so very rewarding.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Food preparation for our sick, injured or orphaned animals
- Prepare and administer medicines for our animals
- Assist our veterinarians with necessary surgeries and necropsies
- Help test our animals for sickness or disease (blood test, skin samples, etc)
- Monitor the recovery of the animals planned for release
- Prepare injured or orphaned animals for the skills they need to be released
- Routine checks of the animal enclosures to ensure they are safe and clean